What you burn is what you breathe
At TEN/01 we want you to light your candle confidently knowing that it is clean burning & all ingredients have been carefully sourced.
Each candle is made from:
1. 100% soy wax – traditional paraffin wax contains carcinogens + pollutants. Soy wax is non-toxic and biodegradable.
2. 100% pure cotton wicks - some wicks contain led, TEN/01 wicks are pure, non-toxic, cotton wicks.
3. Premium quality natural oil blends
- Meet FDA standards
- Contain no synthetic fragrance
- Paraben-free, phosphate-free and phthalate-free
- Contain no palm or paraffin wax
- Petroleum free
- Cruelty free, not tested on animals and contain no animal products.
- Contain no pesticides or herbicides
All TEN/01 candles are free from UV inhibitors and unnecessary chemicals.
This means if left in direct sunlight your candle wax may change colour.
It will not effect the scent or burn, it is simply a reminder of how clean your candle is. To keep your soy wax from yellowing we suggest storing in a cool, dark place and away from direct sunlight.
Benefits of Soy Wax
- Soy wax is a natural, biodegradable, renewable resource.
Paraffin wax is derived from petroleum, a refined gasoline product.
- Soy wax has a lower melting point and therefore burns longer than paraffin wax.
- Soy wax burns cleaner and is completely petro-carbon soot free & produces 90% less soot. Paraffin wax is cheaper and thus more commonly used but emits high levels of toxic chemicals and soot when burned; having negative health effects over time.
- Soy Wax is better for your home. The emissions from paraffin wax candles can build up on walls, staining the paint in your home. They also build up in upholstery, fabrics and in carpets, affecting the air quality in your home.
We want you to light your candle confidently knowing that all ingredients have been carefully sourced & there are no synthetic fragrances. Your candle is a blend of natural fragrance and essential oils.
What is an Essential Oil?
Inside many plants hidden in roots, seeds, flowers and bark are concentrated, highly potent natural compounds called essential oils. Essential oils give a plant its scent, protects it from hazardous environmental conditions & even assist it with pollination, among other important functions and benefits.
What is a Natural Fragrance?
Natural fragrance is made up of essential oil, absolutes, extracts and isolates of the natural aromatic components taken from the complex scent of the essential oil. Natural fragrances are made in a laboratory but NOT from synthetic materials.
What is Synthetic Fragrance?
A synthetic alternative may smell stronger but it is a chemically composed scent. These synthetic chemicals are released into the air and inhaled and can have negative health effects over time.
What are phthalates?
Phthalates are a class of chemicals used in many consumer products. They can be found in personal care products & household items as one of the fragrance ingredients used as carriers to help the scent linger.
These chemicals have been linked to:
- Endocrine Disruption
- Developmental Toxicity
- Reproductive Toxicity
Phthalates have been banned from certain products in the European union but still remain prevalent in a number of North American products.
All TEN/01 Candles are phthalate, phosphate and paraben-free.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org